Join me for a three-part live workshop to take you from amateur photographer to expert blogtographer.
You want to take better photos for your blog, but you’re not even sure where to start. Between writing content, learning SEO and a million other things, photography is way down on the list.
Photography is an art and you could go to school for years and still have so much to learn. You can take great photos for your blog without knowing everything about photography and without spending a ton of time and money.
There are a few essentials you’ll need:
- a camera that you can use in manual mode (a DSLR or mirrorless camera)
- Adobe Creative Cloud photography plan for editing (you can do a 7-day free trial, don’t start this until Week 2 of the workshop)
- a computer (we will discuss mobile photography and editing, but for professional, high-resolution images you’ll need to edit on a computer)
- time (to be successful, you’ll need to practice the skills and come prepared to share your images for feedback. Plan on at least 30 minutes each day during the weeks after the first 2 teaching workshops)
I am not a professional photographer and have no desire to be one. I aim to spend the least amount of time taking and editing photos for maximum return on my investment. I have learned from many professional photographers, in person and online, and I want to share the simple, no-frills tips and tricks that will add magic to your photos.
In this workshop, I’ll show you the exact methods and techniques I use to take photos for my blog, paid products, and Instagram. We’ll talk about how to take product shots, how to capture a great flatlay, how to get photos of your kids and home, and how to take food photos for recipes. I’ll show you what equipment you need and what equipment is nice to have, how to find light in your home, how to set up shots, and how to edit in whatever style you prefer.
During the workshop we will cover:
- Week 1 (1.5 hours): Photography Basics
- the exposure triangle
- tips and tricks for taking better photos
- Specific categories: products, flatlays, food, home, lifestyle/kids
- Week 2 (1 hour): Editing
- editing in Lightroom and Photoshop
- presets, actions, and filters to achieve different looks
- mobile editing
- Week 3 (1 hour): Feedback session
- live critique and editing of your photos in a small group
To participate in this workshop, you do not need to be available for the live calls but it is highly recommended. The replay will be available by 8am on the day after the call. The live workshop calls will take place on Sunday evenings at 8pm CST. Mark your calendar for June 23, June 30, and July 7.
You are signing up for the Beta test of this workshop. With your discounted purchase, you’ll have access to the updated materials once the courses officially releases.