The Children’s Hour collections transport us back in time to the simplicity of evenings gathered around the fire with family for reading, stories, songs, games, and handicrafts.
Before the distractions of smart phones, television, or even radio, this communal gathering was the heartbeat of the family. It was a time to share news, engage in conversations, build traditions, and rest after a long day’s work.
The Children’s Hour is a seasonal collection of ideas and inspiration for modern families to reclaim the beauty and goodness of what has been lost with the advent of technology. This resource is designed for families with children of all ages, but especially for children 6-12.
Each collection includes:
- inspiration and guidelines on how to create opportunities for connection in your home
- suggested chapter books to read aloud as a family
- stories to tell aloud
- seasonal poetry
- songs for family singing
- composer study with classical music suggestions and ideas for further exploration
- artist study with timeless art pieces and ideas for further exploration
- games, puzzles, and more old-fashioned entertainment
- handicrafts for children and adults along with collaborative family projects
This is a digital product. Please note, this product is a seasonal product and follows the northern hemisphere seasons.
The Children’s Hour will be available with a collection for each season or as a discounted bundle. The Children’s Hour Autumn Collection is currently available as an instant download and the other three seasons are available as a pre-sale and delivered via email on December 15, March 15, and June 15.